The Program

TRSD Free & Reduced Complete Application FY21

F_R School Meal Application Portuguese

F_R School Meal Application Spanish

F_R School Meal Application Vietnamese

Children need healthy meals to learn. Triton Regional School District offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs $1.65; lunch costs $2.75 for grades K-8 and $3.00 for grades 9-12. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $0.30 for breakfast and $0.40 for lunch.

                1. 1. IF YOU RECEIVED A “DIRECT CERTIFICATION” LETTER THIS SCHOOL YEAR SAYING YOUR CHILDREN ARE APPROVED FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS, DO NOT COMPLETE ANOTHER APPLICATION IF I GOT A LETTER THIS SCHOOL YEAR SAYING MY CHILDREN ARE APPROVED FOR FREE OR REDUCED PRICE MEALS? Please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. If any children are missing from your eligibility notification, call the director at 978-465-2397 x1063  or if you have questions.
                1. 2. WHO CAN GET REDUCED PRICE MEALS?  All children in households receiving benefits from MA SNAP, MA TANF, or MEDICAID are eligible for free meals; Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals; Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals; Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals; And children may receive free or reduced meals if your household income is within the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines Chart, shown on the application.
                1. 3. HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHILDREN QUALIFY AS  HOMELESS, RUNAWAY, OR MIGRANT?  Do the members of your household lack a permanent address?  Are you staying together in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing arrangement? Does your family relocate on a seasonal basis?  Are any children living with you who have chosen to leave their prior family or household?  If you believe children in your household meet these descriptions and haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please contact your school’s homeless liaison or migrant coordinator at 978-465-2397.
                1. 4. DO I NEED TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION FOR EACH CHILD?  No. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Lucinda Ward, Director of Food & Nutrition Services, Triton Regional School District, 112 Elm Street, Byfield, MA 01922.
                1. 5. MY CHILD’S APPLICATION WAS APPROVED LAST YEAR.  DO I NEED TO FILL OUT ANOTHER ONE? Yes. Your child’s application is only good for that school year and the first few days of this school year. You must send in a new application unless you have been notified otherwise.
                1. 6. I GET WIC. CAN MY CHILD(REN) GET FREE MEALS? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.
                1. 7. WILL THE INFORMATION I GIVE BE CHECKED? Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.
                1. 8. IF I DON’T QUALIFY NOW, MAY I RE-APPLY LATER? Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Food Stamps, TANF or other benefits. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals.
                1. 9. WHAT IF I DISAGREE WITH THE SCHOOL’S DECISION ABOUT MY APPLICATION? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Brian Forget, Assistant Superintendent, Triton Regional School District, 112 Elm Street, Byfield, MA 01922, 978-465-2397.
                1. 10. MAY I APPLY IF SOMEONE IN MY HOUSEHOLD IS NOT A U.S. CITIZEN? Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.
                1. 11. WHAT IF MY INCOME IS NOT ALWAYS THE SAME? List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month.  If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only sometimes.
                1. 12. WHAT IF SOME HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS HAVE NO INCOME TO REPORT?  Household members may not receive some types of income we ask you to report on the application, or may not receive income at all.  Whenever this happens, please write a 0 in the field.  However, if any incomes fields are left empty or blank, those will also be counted as zeroes.  Please be careful when leaving income fields blank as we will assume you meant to do so.
                1. 13. WE ARE IN THE MILITARY. DO WE REPORT OUR INCOME DIFFERENTLY?  Your basic pay and cash bonuses must be reported as income.  If you get any cash value allowances for off-base housing, food, or clothing, or receive Family Subsistence Supplemental Allowance payments, it must be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.  Any additional combat pay resulting from deployment is also excluded from income.
                1. 14. WHAT IF THERE ISN’T ENOUGH SPACE ON THE APPLICATION FOR MY FAMILY?  List any additional household members on a separate piece of paper, and attach it to your application.
                1. 15. MY FAMILY NEEDS MORE HELP. ARE THERE OTHER PROGRAMS WE MIGHT APPLY FOR? To find out more information about SNAP contact the Hotline at 1-866-950-3663 or WIC at 1-800-942-1007.If you have other questions or need help, call 978-465-2397 x1063.Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame at telephono: 978-465-2397 x1063.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement