We are happy to welcome your family to the Triton District!
To register or for questions, please email each principal or their assistant.
Dear Kindergarten Families,
The end of summer is quickly approaching, and the start of school is around the corner. We realize the way your child’s Kindergarten experience will begin is not what you anticipated for your child but we are working hard to provide them with an engaging experience that will build the foundational skills for future learning while making connections with new classmates. We are committed to your child’s success in the Triton School District.
As you know, we are beginning with a fully remote start to the year, with an anticipated shift to Hybrid (in-person and remote) as soon as feasible. With the likelihood of learning in a remote environment being a component of the schedule all year, we have made the difficult choice to eliminate full-day Kindergarten, and reduce all Kindergarten sessions to half-day, tuition-free for all students. We believe this will provide a remote learning experience that is more developmentally appropriate, and we will revisit adding the full day back when students can return full time in person. During this half-day, students will receive instruction in all their core subjects (ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies) but content may be integrated. The half-day programs will be run in the morning, with a traditional 8:25 AM elementary start, with a half-day ending at 11:45.
Teacher assignments will be shared next week, along with a student schedule structure that outlines in more detail the pace of the learning day, with instruction being a combination of asynchronous (self-paced) and synchronous (live) learning. This information will be coming directly from your child’s school. In addition, you will also be receiving information as to what cohort your child will be placed in for when we shift to a hybrid learning model. More detailed information about the schedule and what the day will look like will be forthcoming from your child’s teacher over the next two weeks.
Previously scheduled Kindergarten screening appointments will be rescheduled for September 14th and September 15th. You will be contacted directly by the staff at your child’s school next week to reschedule this time for students to be able to meet their teacher, visit their classroom, and complete a basic screening session. As outlined in the reopening plan and overall guidance, students and parents will be required to wear masks and follow social distancing during these visits.
Salisbury Elementary School (978-463-5852)
Pine Grove School in Rowley (978-948-2520)
Newbury Elementary School (978-465-5353)
“You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!”―
The Triton Kindergarten Program…
- Triton Regional School District’s curriculum reflects the learning standards outlined in the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks
- The district’s skilled teachers strive to address these standards through a wealth of learning activities and best teaching practices
- Your child’s best chance for success depends upon common goals and close communication between parents/guardians and teachers
- Involved, informed parents/guardians boost their children’s academic achievement
- Your child’s teacher looks forward to working with you in partnership regarding your child’s growth and progress in school
- Students must be 5 years old by August 31st.
To Pay Your Kindergarten Tuition Click Below.
- The half day kindergarten program is provided to all residents at no cost
- There is a fee of $2,950 to participate in the full day Kindergarten program (the budget assumes a reduction to $2,000, but will have to wait until summer to confirm)
- Full day Kindergarten can be paid in full by August or in 10 monthly payments
- The first payment is due August 15 and final payment is due May 15.
- Each payment is due by the 15th of the month
- A late fee of $15 will be added to your bill after the 25th of each month
- No reminders and/or bills for Kindergarten payments are sent
- Please note it is the parent’s responsibility to make payments in accordance with the fee structure attached to your child’s program
- The deposit included during registration will be deducted off the first month’s bill
- Payment can be made through electronic checks, checks, and credit/debit cards
- All online payments will be processed through My School Bucks
- We strongly encourage you to use My School Bucks Online Payment Center & Registrations on our Home Page
- When mailing a check please post in the memo section your student’s name and student ID
- Make all checks payable to the Triton Regional School District
Please send checks to:
- Triton Regional School District
- Attn: Tuition Payments
- 112 Elm Street, Byfield, MA 01922
- The Triton School District offers a sibling discount of 5% for the second child and more
- Please contact Central Office at 978-465-2397 if your payment doesn’t reflect the discount
- The Triton Regional School District offers tuition assistance to Kindergarten families who meet certain financial criteria
- For the current school year we require all Kindergarten families requesting tuition assistance to apply by filling out the Free/Reduced lunch form
- The information sharing with other programs form in the Free/Reduced lunch application must be completed
- All Free/Reduced lunch applications for Kindergarten tuition assistance must be received by your child’s school or the office of Food & Nutrition Services by November 1st.