Student Employment

Students under the age of 18 must obtain a work permit in order to hold a job.  Please see the Work Permit directions below. Student job opportunities are often shared with the guidance office.  Please stop by the guidance office to inquire about any current opportunities.  Jobs will also be posted outside the guidance conference room, and in our Five Cent Savings Bank College and Career Center.

Download (PDF, 88KB)

Work Permits

Per the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the following steps need to be completed to obtain a work permit.

Step 1 – Obtain a job offer from an employer.

Step 2 – Fill out the Employment Permit Application which can be found on the state’s website at: (or pick up a copy of this application in the Triton High School Guidance office).

Step 3 – Bring the application to your employer to complete the section called, “Promise of Employment.”

Step 4 – Students aged 14-15 require a Physician’s signature. Note: The Certificate of Health must be signed within the previous 12 months of the date that you submit your application for a work permit.

Step 5 – All applications (regardless of the students age), require a parent’s signature.

Step 6 – Bring the completed application to the Triton High School Guidance Office. If you are a current Triton High School student, your “proof of age,” is on file. If you are not a current Triton student, you will need to bring a document such as your birth certificate, passport or immigration record to prove your age.

Step 7 – After the Guidance Administrative Assistant issues you the work permit, you will need to bring it to your employer who must keep it on file until you leave your job.

For further information, please contact the Guidance office at: 978-462-9458