We Believe Students Should Be Able To:
- Read and write effectively
- Communicate ideas appropriately through a variety of platforms
- Create and problem solve independently and collaboratively
The Triton Student Will….
- …communicate effectively.
- …problem-solve effectively.
- …engage in a diverse curriculum.
- …demonstrate respect and responsibility.
- …participate positively in the community.
About The School
The Triton Regional School District serves the Massachusetts coastal towns of Newbury, Rowley and Salisbury. Located in the northeast corner of the state, these three communities provide a distinct population of students to the school district. With all three rural towns dating back to the 1630’s, the area is rich in historical traditions and attractions which add to the academic experience of our students.
The student population for the Triton District in 2008-2009 was 3179 with 95% white, and 5% African American, Hispanic, Native American, or Asian American.
The Triton High School teaching staff is a dedicated group of educators, three-quarters of whom hold advanced degrees. The average teacher/student ratio is 14:1, with an average student load of 110. The average daily attendance for teachers is 96%; the percent of teachers licensed is 91%; and 95% of the teachers in the core academic subjects are Highly Qualified under NCLB regulations.