Wednesday, February 6, 2019:
The Budget Snapshot document below is a listing of all changes to the current Fy19 operating budget. This was first presented at Budget Meeting of Wednesday, January 16th. A narrative of each line has been added to this document.
For the most part these figures represent a level service budget. There are a few items that are considered new, but much needed. These new items are as follows: limited administrative support for the District Athletics Office, Increased Building Repairs for the High School and Salisbury Elementary School, and the funding of a proposed lease for additional student Chromebooks and iPads. It should be noted that the additional need of two social workers and the restoration of late buses has been discussed and deliberated at length by the School Committee. These items have been identified as significant needs for our students’ success, but are not included in current proposed figures at this time.
The following document illustrates the assessments to the towns based on the currently proposed figures included in the Budget Snapshot.
Wednesday, February 13, 2019:
The School Committee voted to approve the FY20 Tentative Budget at their regularly scheduled meeting. The next School Committee budget meeting will be the Public Hearing scheduled for Wednesday, February 27, 2019.
The Tentative Budget was approved at the School Committee meeting held on Wednesday, February 13, 2019. Please visit the link below to view the entire Fy20 Tentative Budget.
The FY20 budget cycle began on Tuesday, January 15, 2019 with presentations by the principals, program managers, and district administrators being made directly to the School Committee. Meetings were held on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, January 15th & 16th. Documents from these presentations are available at the links on the tab titled ‘FY20 Requests.
The schedule for the School Committee budget development process for fiscal year 2020 is as follows:
- Initial Presentations: Tuesday and Wednesday, January 15th and 16th – 6:00 PM
- School Committee Workshop: Saturday, January 26th – 8:00 AM, Central Office Conference Room
- District Communication Committee Discussion: Thursday, January 31st – 6:30 pm, Newbury Town Offices
- School Committee Budget Deliberation: Wednesday, February 6th
- School Committee Vote: Tentative Budget: Wednesday, February 13th
- School Committee Formal Public Hearing: Wednesday, February 27th
- School Committee Budget Deliberation: Wednesday, March 6th
- School Committee Budget Final Vote: Wednesday, March 13th
All meetings take place in the Triton High School Library and begin at 7:00 pm unless otherwise noted.
Please use the links below to view the budget requests for fiscal year 2020.