Family Education Rights to Privacy Act:
This act specifies rights related to educational records and gives the parent, guardian, graduate, or student the right to:
1. inspect and review his/her child’s educational records;
2. make copies of these records
3. receive a list of the individuals having access to those records
4. ask for an explanation of any item in the records
5. ask for an amendment to any report on the grounds that it is inaccurate, misleading, or violates the child’s rights
6. a hearing on the issue if the school refuses to make the amendment.
If there are questions, please feel free to contact, Kimberly Croteau, Section 504 coordinator for the Triton Regional School District, at 978-465-2397.