The Triton Regional School District serves the Massachusetts coastal towns of Newbury, Rowley and Salisbury. Located in the northeast corner of the state, these three communities provide a distinct population of students to the school district. With all three rural towns dating back to the 1630′s, the area is rich in historical traditions and attractions which add to the academic experience of our students.
The District is comprised of one elementary school in each town ranging in enrollment from 520 to 575 students in Pre-K through grade 6. Upon completing the sixth grade, students attend the Triton Regional Middle School which houses approximately 445 students in grades 7 and 8. Sharing the same campus in Byfield, the Triton Regional High School houses around 775 students in grades 9 through 12. The total student population of the district is approximately 2,835 students from Preschool through the 12th grade. The District Office is located on the Middle and High School Campus, at 112 Elm Street in Byfield, MA.
We are a community of learners known for our unwavering commitment to meeting the needs of all students. Through the adoption of best practices and our active partnership with families and the wider community who are united in supporting the development of engaged, successful, responsible, resilient learners, students will be well-prepared to be ethical, empathetic, and contributing citizens.
1. Respect for Self and Others: We will…
- Honor the inherent dignity of all people.
- Promote a culture where individuals are appreciated for their uniqueness.
- Work cooperatively to achieve mutual goals.
- Take responsibility for words and actions.
2. Excellence for All: We will…
- Support a learning environment in which continuous improvement is expected, measured, sustained, and demonstrated at all levels.
- Instill a sense of school and community pride through traditions that honor accomplishments.
- Develop skills to think critically, learn independently, and communicate effectively.
- Provide opportunities where students are encouraged, supported, and challenged to maximize their individual potential.
3. Integrity in Words and Actions: We will…
- Demonstrate fairness in judgments and actions.
- Hold true to our individual principles when facing peer pressure.
- Consistently embrace high ethical standards.
- Stand up for what we believe.